Re: [ecasound] problems with audioloops in ecasound 2.9.2

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 24 2019 - 02:32:14 EEST

Hi David,

I'm posting your mail to the list.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019, David O'Toole wrote:

> # ecasound chainsetup file
>
> # general
> -B:rt -n:"mosaic" -X -z:noxruns -z:nopsr -z:mixmode,sum

-B:nonrt

More generous buffering may help

-X

Probably harmless, but useless AFAIK. Try removing it.

> # audio inputs
> -a:2 -f:s16_le,2,44100
> -i:audioloop,/home/dto/sessions/test.mosaic/resource-2.wav,
> -a:3 -f:s16_le,2,44100
> -i:audioloop,/home/dto/sessions/test.mosaic/resource-3.wav,
> -a:4 -f:s16_le,2,44100
> -i:audioloop,/home/dto/sessions/test.mosaic/resource-4.wav,
> -a:a -f:f32_le,2,44100 -i:loop,1
>
> # audio outputs
> -a:2,3,4 -f:f32_le,2,44100 -o:loop,1
> -a:2,3,4 -f:f32_le,2,44100 -o:loop,1
> -a:2,3,4 -f:f32_le,2,44100 -o:loop,1
> -a:2,3,4 -f:f32_le,2,44100 -o:loop,1

These duplicate entries may be an issue. Only one line is needed.

> -a:a -f:s16_le,2,44100 -o:alsahw,2,0,0

You might also try -o:alsa,default or -o:null (no audio output) for troubleshooting.
(There is a difference between alsa,something and alsahw,something.)

Before you go through all that, it may be worth trying to
see if issues arise when using a single audioloop input file
and routing to an output without a loop device.

When trying to get something to work, I will usually edit the .ecs file
and load it with cs-load.

Also, you can try running ecasound with -d, -dd or -ddd for
additional diagnostics (more d's for more detail.)

--
Joel Roth
"Welcome to the World Heat Bank, where we store your waste