Re: [ecasound] ecasound production help

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 23 2018 - 00:33:35 EEST

Joel Nash wrote:
> Hi
>
> Im currently work on a section of music that lasts for so many beats. when
> I'm happy with this certain area of song I then work on another list of
> tracks. if Im happy with both sections how to i add them together? Is it a
> case of bouncing both parts out then adding them together in a new
> chainlink?

Hi there,

With vanilla Ecasound I think you would use the playat
option on the input to displace the second section the
precise amount to butt it up against the first section.

Probably here's where I mention that there is a multitrack
recorder called Nama that uses Ecasound as the backend. It
adds quite a few features, including letting you specify
several tracks as a sequence, so they get pieced together
end to end with a very brief taper to avoid the possibility
of a pop. You can also add a positive or negative space
between them to control how much overlap or gap you want.
However the units are seconds (not beats) at present.

cheers,

--
Joel Roth