Re: [ecasound] playat / audioloop

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 21 2018 - 00:37:05 EEST

Joel Nash wrote:
> im using the command
> -a:8 -i playat,$beat*4,audioloop,file.wav \
>
> its a short file that i want to loop every four beats except for the first
> beat. But using playat here makes the sound file loop every 8 beats because
> the instruction playat is repeated with audioloop, so it seems.
> How can I have playat work once then have the file repeat every 4 beats?

Hi,

Kind of a long shot, but perhaps if you do the loop in an .ewf file.

-a:8 -i playat,$beat*4,file.ewf

See the ecasound users guide for the ewf format.
Generally the EWF format is superseded by the syntax
you are using for playat, audioloop, etc.

Otherwise you'll need a two-step process:
1) looping the input file and writing it to disk at a suitable length,
2) using playat for the file generated in step one.

buena suerte

> Many thanks

Joel Roth