Re: [ecasound] Ecasound-list Digest, Vol 105, Issue 2

From: Charlie Laub <charleslaub@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 08 2017 - 19:56:50 EEST

I have called ecasound from scripts and I also had to set the term variable
to something for it to work properly. It helps to turn on the -ddd (high
verbosity debug info) output to see what is going on when there are problems
by the way. Once I saw that TERM was unset and causing a problem for
ecasound, I checked to see what it was when I was in a terminal on the
computer, and TERM was xterm-256. After I set TERM=xterm in my script
everything worked. I also found that in some cases when I was feeding long
lines into ecasound I had to also set COLUMNS to a number that was larger
than the longest line in the ecasound command string. Otherwise I got some
errors when the line length was more than the default line length(e.g. 80
characters).

-Charlie

Message: 1