Re: [ecasound] starting ecasound at boot, in a terminal window

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 11 2017 - 08:49:58 EEST

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 01:26:00AM -0400, john gibby wrote:
> I made some degree of progress on this. If I do NOT use ecasound
> interactive mode, and just automatically start ecasound in piano crossover
> mode in a terminal window, it comes up and works in "piano mode"
> automatically; no need to turn on a monitor. To change it to movie mode, I
> turn on the TV/monitor and type ctrl-c to exit the ecasound session, and
> start another ecasound session in movie mode. Do y'all think this is the
> best solution?

You could have two scripts, one for piano mode
one for movie mode. Each script can start with 'killall
ecasound', so that whenever you run one, it kills the
running ecasound process.

Muting the audio output before stopping or killing ecasound
would be smoother, for sure.

In a more sophisticated solution, you could control Ecasound
via its interactive command language over a TCP socket. (See
'man ecasound-iam')

Have fun,

Joel

--