[ecasound] ecasound with lame on hosted server with no root permission

From: Adam Connolly <aconnolly242@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 12 2016 - 19:42:11 EEST

Hi y’all,

I’m attempting to build a web repository for music, and I want to use ecasound for it’s mixing functionality. My site is currently hosted on a 1and1 server on which I have no root permissions.

I am able to configure and make both Lame and Ecasound, but I obviously can’t run ‘make install’ on either because I have no write permissions for /usr/local/lib.

I figure there is probably a way to configure both of these tools to function in my local webspace. I figured I’d have to change the ECA_PREFIX to a local path, but other than that I’m pretty lost.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Adam