[ecasound] Using ecasound for real time processing of live audio

From: John Hamilton <johnobuttons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 17 2016 - 02:13:43 EEST

I am interested in using ecasound with pitch shifting plugins to achieve the
following effects:

1) Shift pitch up an octave

2) Shift pitch down an octave

3) "Power Guitar" combine pitch up, original pitch and pitch down

4) "Gender Bender" uses two microphones one up an octave and one down
an octave. Female singer can perform bass part. Male singer can perform
soprano part.

I recently replaced an assortment of sound cards by a single Focusrite 2i2
usb interface. This means that the ecasound scripts must be modified for a
stereo input.

I've been successful with the gender bender effect using the following
script:

ecasound -a:mtof,ftom -f:16,2,44100 -b:256 -i alsahw,1.0\

   -a:mtof -f:16,1,44100 -el:rubberband-pitchshifter-mono,,,+12,,,, \

   -a:ftom -f:16,1,44100 -chcopy:2,1
-el:rubberband-pitchshifter-mono,,,-12,,,, \

   -a:all -o:alsahw,1,0

The power guitar is more difficult for me to understand. I need three
channels to allow up, constant and down pitch shifts.

I don't know how to set that up. Here's what I've used in the past:

ecasound -a:low,med,high -i:alsahw,1,0 \

   -a:low -el:rubberband-pitchshifter-mono,,,-12,,,, \

   -a:med -el:rubberband-pitchshifter-mono,,,0,,,, \

   -a:high -el:rubberband-pitchshifter-mono,,,+12,,,, \

   -a:low,med,high -o:alsahw,2,0

This doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Thanks

John