Re: [ecasound] pyecasound Python 3 support

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvlists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 05 2016 - 14:04:16 EEST

Hi Kristaps,

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016, Kristaps Karlsons wrote:

> I've started to port native Python ECI to Python 3.x as I'm migrating
> my project as well.
[...]
> What has been done:
> * ecacontrol module works
> * test1_stresstest.py, test2_stresstest.py tests also work
> What hasn't been done yet:
> * ecamonitor

cool, this is very much welcome! Let me know when the patches are ready to
go and I'll pull them into master.

> Other:
> I'd like to clean up ecacontrol a bit more, format code to conform to
> PEP 8 standard. Afterwards I'd like to convert test*_stresstest.py
> scripts to nose2 tests.

Ok with this, please go ahead.

> Also what is the state of native C implementation? As far as I
> understand that has been deprecated for a while.

It was deprecated 4 years ago in 2.9.0 (wow how time goes), so I think it
can simply be dropped at this point.

> Current implementation has been tested with Python 2.7.11 and 3.5.1.

How old releases of python can be supported with this patchset? This would
be good to document in NEWS (although shouldn't really be a problem).