[ecasound] Wierd issue with 24bit monitoring...

From: John Robson <jrsoundman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 03 2016 - 01:34:55 EET

What am I doing wrong?

I have an A&H QU16 which provides 24 channels at 24bit 48kHz

I can't seem to get anything sensible at the moment.

I am using the tools package on Debian to provide ecasignalview, and
directing the output to /dev/null

Using /dev/dsp I can see the noise on the soundcard at 16/44100, but it
fails to set up the chain set at 24 bit (-f:24,2,44100)

The QU (dsp1) fails the same way at 24 bits, but seems to work at 16/32,
although there is no signal, despite me playing back a multitrack recording
to provide signal throughout...

There is clearly something fundamentally wrong with my setup, and I don't
believe that ecasound is the culprit (although my commands may be). But I
don't really know where to turn next at the moment..

John