Re: [ecasound] ecasound -z:xruns

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2014 - 02:11:41 EEST

éléandar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'm using ecasound 2.9.1 and i'm using the following command line:
>
> ecasound -c -i Bass.wav -o jack,system -z:xruns
> > engine-launch
>
> According to the man page: With ’-z:xruns’, processing will be halted if an
> under/overrun occurs.
>
> It doesn't seem to work on my system setup. The processing continue even if
> several xruns messages appear in qjackctl.

> Do you have any tips to make it work ?

I can speculate that Ecasound will only respond to xruns
that it generates. Probably Ecasound is not aware of xruns
occurring elsewhere in the JACK graph.

The setup you are posting does not require JACK at all,
and if you do it using ALSA, Ecasound may respond to
xruns more comprehensively.

> ecasound -c -i Bass.wav -o alsa,default -z:xruns

regards,

Joel

--
Joel Roth