Re: [ecasound] audio drops on cop-set tcp commands

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 28 2014 - 02:56:15 EET

raf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a problem with my configuration : horrible audio glitches when ecasound receives cop-set commands from tcp socket.
>
> ecasound is started with :
> ecasound -q -s /home/seijitsu/2.TestProject/files/main.ecs -R /home/seijitsu/2.TestProject/ecacfg/ecasoundrc --server --server-tcp-port=2868
>
> the main.ecs file and custom ecasoundrc are attached

Hi Raphael,

I notice that there are 96 -km operators in main.ecs, yet
the debug log shows MIDI controllers are allocated up to
127, then assignments start again from zero.

Also, a lot of diagnostics are referring to the empty-named chain
(chain '') which seems strange.

Probably we have to wait for Kai to decode all that for us. :-)

I saw only minor differences with how Nama handles effects:
1) Nama uses cop-select copp-select copp-set, rather than cop-select cop-set
2) Nama doesn't use presets

I wanted to say, I think it is very helpful to combine the channel
copy, pan and volume into one preset serving as the
entire fader. Perhaps Nama will copy that.

Cheers,

Joel

--
Joel Roth