Re: [ecasound] Removing jack audio-output and attaching wav audio-output fails

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvlists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 03 2014 - 14:57:35 EET

Hello Rocco,

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013, rocco wrote:

> I see you will be releasing 2.9.1 soon. Any chance you can add this fix?
>
> It's to allow a very fast transition from session to mixdown and back to
> the session. This has more implications than shows on the surface...
> like bouncing of tracks... "freezing" of effects... so it may be used a lot.

sorry, couldn't squeeze this into 2.9.1. I admit that upon first reading,
I misunderstood this a bit -- I was thinking you wanted to switch without
disconnecting the chainsetup, but upon second reading (and after 2.9.1 was
already released), I realized this fails even if you disconnect, edit and
reconnect.

So looks like a clear bug and potentially something easy to fix. I'll
take a look...