[ecasound] Nama/Ecasound trouble

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 14 2013 - 23:56:58 EEST

Hello everyone!
   I'm not sure, where the blame belongs. I tend towards Ecasound. But we'll
see.
   Nama uses copp-set and cop-set commands to change effect parameters in
realtime. I now noticed, that in my recent project effects stopped reacting.
I'm not the only one to notice that. I'm not sure, if that could be related to
the latest Ecasound commit. I'm not sure about the conditions. I had an idea,
that it starts happening, when too many effect are added. I'm at about 60-100
effects on the project, most of them just a pair of -ea (volume) and -epp
(pan).
   Also: muting in Nama stops working, if: I add a fade (-ea succeeded by -klg)
at the beginning of the effects list. The volume, that mutes it is at the end.
Probably the same issue? For now volume change takes effect.
   I'm sorry, that I can't find any more specific conditions for this
behaviour. I'm right in the middle of an involving project. So I need my time
right now to finish it.
   Such effect changes take real effect after a re-arm in Nama. That is
reloading the chainsetup in Ecasound terms.
   Warm regards
          Julien

http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html