Re: [ecasound] ai-index-select, ai-remove and ao-index-select, ao-remove not working properly

From: rocco <rocco556@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 03 2013 - 12:35:02 EEST

OK, so I feel I've tried every possibility that I can think of and every
suggestion Joel has offered.

I would like to make an assessment based on several days of working with
this.

When you have all objects of the same name, then regardless of what
a(oi)-index-select that is issued, it simply ignores that request and
chooses the object that was last created.

I tested this by creating a new chain and attaching an input object to
it. Then I chose the index of a different input object. It ignored the
request and removed the last input object that was created.

Remember, the (above) scenarios exists when all the objects have the
same name. But when there's (either) all unique names (or) a mixture of
same object names and unique object names, then it behaves in less
predictable ways, sometimes removing the last created object and
sometimes actually rearranging the chains and objects in strange ways.

Thanks,
Rocco