Re: [ecasound] Fade in (was: Re: Using Nama - troubleshooting fades)

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 31 2012 - 19:52:03 EET

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:12:21PM +0100, Lars Bj??rndal wrote:
> > To troubleshoot, I would suggest using the show_track
> > command to look at the effects on the track.

(snip)

> nama [sec] > fade in sec_start 0.5
> No. Name Ver Set Stat Source Bus Vol
> 1 Master -- mon REC -- Master 0
> 2 Mixdown -- off OFF -- Mixdown --
> 3 entire -- off OFF [1] Main 0
> 4 first -- off OFF [1] Main 0
> 5 sec 1 mon MON [1] Main 0

(snip)

> nama [sec] > show_track
> No. Name Ver Set Stat Source Bus Vol
> Pan
> 5 sec 1 mon MON [1] Main 0
> 50
> Length: 59.817 / 1:00
> Region start: 65.000 / 1:05 (sec_start)
> Region end: 124.817 / 2:05 (sec_end)
> All versions: 1
> Signal width: mono
> X: Volume
> 1. Level %: 0
> Y: Generic linear envelope
> 1. param-id: 1
> 2. range-low: 0
> 3. range-high: 100
> 4. point_count: 2
> 5: 65.000000000
> 6: 0
> 7: 65.5
> 8: 1
> V: Pan
> 1. Level %: 50
> W: Volume
> 1. Level db: 0

Hi Lars,

Very likely you have found a bug.

X is the volume control for the fader, Y is the
controller. So your fade command did have a result.
However, it looks like maybe the Mark identifying the start of the fade
does not relate correctly to the region, was adjusted
to 1:05, which is right relative to the WAV file, but wrong
when a region is defined for the track.

> Tried to 'mfx Y 5 0', and got Y: parameter (5) out of range, skipping.

I think that may be an unnecessary restriction of Nama's,
however the controller and its parameters are meant to be
generated by the fade function.

Hope to have time have time to look at it a little later.

> (so fading wasn't that easy...)

If you're in hurry, you could slice up the audio up with
Nama, and use sox to do the fades. ('man sox')

Cheers,

Joel

--
Joel Roth