Re: [ecasound] Using Nama (was: Re: Nama build issues (was: Re: Interactive mode, cut &) paste)

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 29 2012 - 01:39:50 EET

Hello Lars!

In Dec 29 A.D. 2012 Lars Bjørndal scripsit:

[...]
>> afx eadb 0
>> Added G volume
>
> But before doing this, I already have a volume effect, according to
> lfx:
>
> "Effects on first: F (Pan) G (Volume)"
   That's your main track volume. You don't want to use it, so you can adjust
overall volume later on easily. Also you might want to use automix or a for
command to change volume of all tracks in you project. Add another volume and
deal with that.
> >> acl G klg 1 6 0 3 0 0 26 0 30 1
>> Meaning: modify fx-parameter 1 (the level). Start value 6 Db (high
>> to raise the low bit), end value 0 Db (normal level). Then we have 3
>> points. The first is 0s, where we have the starting value 0. We keep
>> that until 26s (still 0, i.e. starting value), From there we
>> linearly change to the end value (1 or 0Db, as written).
>
> What does the digit 3 mean: "acl G klg 1 6 0 3" ..? Is it to tell
> Ecasound that we have three points afterwords?
   Yes, exactly. If you had another point, where you need to change volume,
you'd make it 5 points, remeber starting point of the other ramp and ending
point. I usually think in pairs with that one. One for starters (the 0s mark
to be on the safe side and from there on pairs to build ramps.
> > When I do
mistakes, how can I
"reset" so that I can start over again > whithout removing the whole project?
   You can use the new git features, for that you'll have to pull nama again.
Or you can safe the project to a different file (instead of the normal
State.json) See "help save".
   I hope this helps and good luck. Let us know, what comes of your work. I
know, I shouldn't be the one to say it, but I'm interested to, because I like
to see a very good piece of software spread.

http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html