Re: [ecasound] Using Nama (was: Re: Nama build issues (was: Re: Interactive mode, cut &) paste)

From: Lars Bjørndal <lars@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 27 2012 - 22:44:37 EET

Hi, Joel, and again, thank you very much for all your answers!

I have now upgraded Nama, thank you.

One more question:

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:20:29AM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 08:59:04PM +0100, Lars Bj??rndal wrote:
> > Thank you very much for all your answers. They are very informative. I
> > have to trial and error a bit when I find the time.
> >
> > One more question:
> >
> > At one "region" with speech, the person who did the record changed the
> > volume to a higher value during the speech. How can I get the first
> > part, with the lowest value, to match the highest value? Do I need to
> > cut the region into two tracks and then join them? If so, how do I do
> > that operation?
>
> You'll need to add a volume control, then use Ecasound's
> one of Ecasound's envelope controllers to automate the
> volume level change.
>
> afx ea # add volume control
> acl kl2 1...... # add two-stage linear envelope
>
> For -kl2 parameters, see 'man ecasound'.

The man page says "-kl:fx-param,start-value,end-value,time-seconds".
What should I replace fx-param with here? And how do I calculate good
values for start- and end values?

The volume change starts at 0:26 in my region, so all before that has
pretty low volume. When at 0:30, the volume is ok. the sfx command
(before adding any effect), says: B: Volume 1. Level db: 0.

Thanks and regards,
Lars