Re: [ecasound] Using Nama (was: Re: Nama build issues (was: Re: Interactive mode, cut &) paste)

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 02 2012 - 00:34:02 EET

Hello Lars!
   That particular message might be, because Nama could be in doodle mode. So,
after importing your wav-file type:
arm
   when arm'ed Nama is in real work mode. "doodle" is sort of a session and
testing mode, adjust your volume, just jam a little... And if there are only
tracks, that are set to playback, doodle does nothing. There's no setup. It
being a live-mode it needs something in record.
   But you might also want to upgrade your Ecasound. There were a few problems.
I found, that having the latest stable Ecasound release helps a lot. It gives
you much more stability and a few things in Nama work more smoothly.
   Just go to the Ecasound download page, grab the latest tarball (2.9.0 or
2.9.1 not eexactly sure) and build it. You might want the following dev
packages installed:
libsndfile-dev libsamplerate-dev libjack-jackd2-dev libasound2-dev liboil-dev
liblilv-dev (or get that from source, if not present in your distro, I could
upload tarballs for that) liblo-dev
   These packages might not be exactly called like that, but close enough for
you to pinpoint them.
   If youneed more help with installing Ecasound from source, just let me know.
It's easy enough, if the basic packages are there. You can build without most
of the above, but then you will be mising nice features.
   Warm regards
         Julien

http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html