Re: [ecasound] channel manipulation

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 27 2012 - 15:50:34 EEST

On Thu, September 27, 2012 9:50 pm, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi Patrick!
> There's still a lot of redundancy.

I'm leaving out all the additional stuff as I don;t want to confuse things
any further.

> Or do you want to mix
> processed channel 1 and 2 of the original file, then, you might want:
> ecasound -f:16,6,48000 \
> -a:1,2,3,4,5,6 -i TEST_1-2.aif
> -a:1 -chmute:2 \
> -a:2 -chmute:1 \
> -a:3 -chmix:3 \
> -a:4 -chmix:4 \
> -a:5 -chmute:2 \ (more here)
> -a:6 -chmute:1 \ (moere here too)
> -a:5,6 -o loop,1 \
> -a:7 -i loop,1 -chmix:5 -chcopy:5,6 \
> -a:all -o test-out.wav

The problem with this chain setup is that the processing runs
indefinitely. I'm sure it's a simple fix but I don't know how to fix it. I
get all 6 channels but I need it to stop when the signal has been copied
and not keep running.

> But perhaps at this stage, it would either really help, if you would
> offer
> us your specification or delve a little more into teh Ecasound chain
> concept
> and, the usage of loops and fixed it yourself.

Well, I've been looking at the docs for over 24 hours and asked several
questions and this is as far as I have got so far ;-)

Not saying that ecasound is difficult to understand. Once you know how it
works it is very elegant but the learning curve is rather steep and it;s
been a while since I really needed to use it for anything. In this case I
have a rather pressing need to make ecasound work for me so I am not
giving up until I know for sure that what I want to do is not possible.

All I need is to get the sound to stop processing when it has finished
writing the channels and the delay by 20 ms and I am basically done :-)

After that I will have to test the sound quality and verify the signals
are correctly processed which might require some changes to the filters to
get the best results. At this stage though I just want to get it to stop
running when it is supposed to.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd