Re: [ecasound] Playback and buffering on sound cards

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 14 2012 - 12:05:39 EEST

Hi Doug!
   One thing, that I can think of: Try the buffering parameters of Ecasound and
set them low.
   -B:rtlowlatency -r 20 -b:64 (buffersize in samples)
   You can also try:
-z:nodb -z:nointbuf
   Of course the lower the samplerate, the more effect the buffering takes. If
file size wasn't such an issue, I'd say: use JACKd and a normal samplerate and
a low periodsize (64 or 128) for JACK and have done with it.
   I think, there have been related issues once, but it would have been some
time ago. Which version of Ecasound are you using? The current stable version
is 2.9.0. There you also have a special command to stop everything in sync,
that might also help: stop-sync instead of the normal stop or s command.
   I hope, some of that can be of use to you.
   Warm regards
           Julien

http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html