Re: [ecasound] Calf LV2 Reverb causes ecasound to crash

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 04 2012 - 19:23:26 EEST

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 04:24:35AM -0400, Jeremy Salwen wrote:
> What sort of error does it give? the backtrace goes to the line where it
> connects input ports. I modeled that code after the ladspa code, and a
> review doesn't find any obvious bugs.
>
> If I recall, the ladspa code accesses buffer_repp->buffer, which according
> to internal documentation, should not be accessed, I think I asked about
> this before, but I don't remember what the answer was. I could see several
> potential sources of a crash from that line, so please let me know whether
> it was a segfault or whatever.
Yes, segfault. Also, I would like to specify that it does not simply
happen if cop-adding whilst the engine is running, but also if the
engine has begun processing at all (as in stop/cop-add/start) and also
occasionally on copp-sets. So far, the only reliable way to avoid any
crash is to cop-add the plugin before any processing is done and leave
well alone.

Cheers,
s.M.