[ecasound] ecasound 2.9.0rc1

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 22 2012 - 21:59:34 EEST

Hello,

somewhat faster than planned, I'm now facing a move (to a new apartment)
next month. That means I'm seriously running of development time for 2.9.0
in May-June timeframe, so I'd really like to push 2.9.0 (or maybe 3.0.0,
haven't decided yet) out as soon as possible. Once I need to tear down my
home network, servers, home studio stuff, etc and pack for move, who knows
when I'm back online. :P I do hate moving, but here's hoping the next
place will last until retirement. ;)

So here's the first release candidate:
http://ecasound.seul.org/download/snapshots/ecasound-2.8.1+dev-20120522.tar.gz

This tarball will go out as 2.9.0, EXCEPT for two fixes:

- the etd/etm perf issue reported by S.Massy
- segfault with cop-add'ing a lot of etd (from S.Massy as well)

If all goes well, no other changes are needed. But do not stop reporting
errors...I'll prioritize issues if/when they appear. But as of now, the
two above things are the only two things severe enough not to make a
release.