[ecasound] Double-buffering and audio

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 13 2012 - 02:27:00 EEST

Hello,

When double-buffering is enabled, if one issues stop and start, there is an
audible "gap" in the audio, i.e some samples are never played back. Is
that a bug or a feature? Which leads me to ask... When I issue getpos,
what does the number reflect? Is it more or less what I'm hearing, give
or take a jack period or an internal buffer, or is it where the read
pointer is at in the audio files? Does double-buffeering affect this?

Cheers,
S.M.