[ecasound] Fortunate discrepency in man page about -etd

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 21 2012 - 03:57:04 EEST

Hello,

Well, I was fumbling around in audiofx_timebased.cpp, thinking about the
best way to implement a delay-only signal when I found this on line 268:
*l.current() = (*l.current() * (1.0 - mix)) + (temp2_left * mix);
...which means that I need look no further, but write this e-mail. For
-etd, the man page reads:
"'mix-%' determines how much effected (wet) signal is mixed to the
original." But in fact should read something like this: "'mix-%'
expresses the mix balance between the original and delayed signal, with
0 meaning no delayed signal, 100 meaning no original signal, and 50 (the
default) achieving an equal balance."

A few further remarks:
- Even though some boundaries are set for the mix parameter in
  EFFECT_DELAY::parameter_description, they don't seem to be enforced,
  and, if a value above 100 is given, some startling results may
  occur.
- Setting a delay time of 0 causes ecasound to segfault.

Cheers,
S.M.