Re: [ecasound] max decibels, mute-toggle, chain looping

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 15 2012 - 15:16:50 EEST

Hi,

some good news and bad news. The good news is that I'm happy to report
that your ecasound feature request is now implemented in git master. The
bad news that it took me 9 years to implement this, so the delivery time
has been extraordinaly bad.

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Adam Linson wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 19:24, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
>> This is tricky. I admit that it would be better to have c-mute and
>> c-unmute instead of the current toggling behaviour. On the other hand,
>> breaking old behaviour at this point is very bad, so there's no easy to
>> solve this. Possibly the most elegant solution would be to add c-is-muted.
>> Comments?
>
> "c-is-muted" would be fantastic!

So this is now finally solved latest git. As a bonus as I managed to do
this without breaking the 2003 interface, so we are still backwards
compatible. :) New interface:

   - 'c-mute on' -> set mute on
   - 'c-mute off -> set mute off
   - 'c-mute toggle' -> old behaviour, toggle existing setting
   - 'c-mute' -> old behaviour as well
   - 'c-is-muted' -> returns current state

Same is available for 'c-bypass' as well.