Re: [ecasound] deprecating C pyecasound impl

From: Alessandro Ghedini <al3xbio@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 15 2012 - 13:35:44 EEST

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 12:25:53AM +0300, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 14 Apr 2012, Alessandro Ghedini wrote:
>
> > Yes, the pure-Python implementation has been the only one installed since
> > ecasound 2.3.0 AFAICT (way before I became the ecasound maintainer) and I
> > disabled the cext build in 2.8.0 since it was not used anyway.
>
> ok, so that old already. That's very good news (in terms of how tested the
> code is), thanks.
>
> I did now notice some issues with the Python implementation as well
> (ecacontrol.py). It's at least using "popen2" still, which was deprecated
> in python 2.7, so time to update that a bit at least.
>
> "submodule" was in python-2.4. I guess it's reasonable to require
> python-2.4+ in 2012, right?

As far as Debian is concerned yes, since oldstable has python 2.5 already.

Also, FYI, Debian Wheezy is planned to be freezed around the end of June, so
it would be nice if you could release the new ecasound version with some margin
(say, a month before the freeze) so that it can packaged, uploaded and tested
properly (if you are going to do a new realease any time soon, obviously).

Cheers

--
perl -E '$_=q;$/= @{[@_]};and s;\S+;<inidehG ordnasselA>;eg;say~~reverse'