Re: [ecasound] Bug report: strange crash

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 12 2012 - 21:59:48 EEST

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:31:24PM +0300, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> The first sleep is due to the above, but the second one is a bit
> suspicious. There should not be any need to have a sleep before
> start. If this causes errors, then the cause is probably something
> else.
I don't think the second sleep was necessary. It's just that the
replace_effect logic was wrapped in a generic stop_do_start logic, which
I think Joel initially created to mitigate the seek problems.
Originally, the logic would stop, execute command, sleep, and start,
which worked for seeking but didn't slove the crash for bypassing.
Moving the sleep before execution did solve the problem, but I didn't
want to cause other problems, which is why I split the sleep period to
sleep before and after.

Cheers,
S.M.