Re: [ecasound] Help reading .ecs files

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 09 2012 - 12:56:19 EEST

Hi,

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012, Kevin wrote:

> I have the following example saved in F:\Mixing\test.ecs:
>
> ============
> -a:INPUT0 -i select,240,60,'F:\\Mixing\\RAW\\Set_3\\SNARE___.WAV' -chcopy:1,2 -eadb:0

ecasound quoting is a bit lazily written and does not support all common
quoting conventions. One big omission is that single-quotes are not
supported at all, which causes the above to fail. But this should work:

  -a:INPUT0 -i select,240,60,"F:\\Mixing\\RAW\\Set_3\\SNARE___.WAV" -chcopy:1,2 -eadb:0

Double-quotes are just used to group tokens, so the double-backslashes are
still needed above.

> Both examples above work fine when typed at the command line. What am I
> doing wrong?

When used from command-line, the command-shell will handle the first layer
of quoting, e.g. in this case removes the single-quotes before ecasound
sees them.