Re: [ecasound] LV2 Plugin Support

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 08 2012 - 21:01:12 EEST

Hi Jeremy!
   Well, what might be left is difficult or must be solved by other external
tools. What makes it a little cumbersome to use LV2-plugins is the bit of
typing. But I think, that LV2-plugins no longer bother with unique IDs
anymore. They always made it easy to type.
   I wonder: How many single plugins maybe acounted for in one .lv2 directory?
If it were only one, one might easy the process by allowing the user to type
just the name of that directory, optionally without the full path so something
like: vocoder or vocoder.lv2 . If that however is not the case, then it's
really a case for some external tool.
   But all in all you have done quite a lot for us. The problems we face now,
are problems of luxury. :-) I think the designers of lv2 plugins just never
thought about commandline users a lot. :-( Hm, maybe worth to ask them.
Perhaps I can send a mail to LAU in a while?
   Warm regards and thanks again Jeremy it's very much appreciated!
            Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

====== Find my music at ======
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html