Re: [ecasound] Bug Report: Ecasound goes silent

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 15 2012 - 21:42:49 EET

Hi,

> Symptoms:
> No more sound is heard, but the engine still seems to be running (clock
> is moving, engine-status is "running", seems to obey transport
> commands).

thanks for the excellent bugreport! I managed to reproduce this with your
test session, and am looking for the root cause. Upon initial look, this
would seem to be an issue with the JACK callbacks. I also got one crash
while ecasound called jack_port_get_latency_range(). That is suspicous as
the semantics of that call have changes a bit (since the related ecasound
code was written).

This looks serious enough that I've added it on top of my 2.8.2/2.9
release laundry list.