Re: [ecasound] Bypassing effects

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 30 2012 - 19:17:29 EET

Hi,

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012, Julien Claassen wrote:

> I have been wondering, would the Ecasound architecture allow to bypass
> effects, while the engine is running? Or could you envision a way to make this
> possible? It would be very helpful in A/B comparisons of edited tracks. The

parts already exist: 'c-bypass'. That disables effects for the selected
chains and is real-time safe.

> best way would be to have a command to pass by just one specific operator and
> perhaps - if others here are interested, who just use Ecasound itself - a
> command to pass by all operators of a chain?

Yes indeed, I've had 'cop-bypass' on my drawing table for long (proposed
by Ashley J Gittins on this list a few years ago), but never got to
implement this. But I agree this would be useful.

> tested the LV2 support and it did work,butI haven't done much, since the
> bloody effects take such a long time to fnd and type. :-) But I'm sure I will
> find a quicker way to find the absolute URLs needed to pass them to Ecasound

My thoughts as well, some work flow rethinking is needed to figure out how
to deal with the long ids.