Re: [ecasound] inverse gate

From: <rob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 19 2011 - 19:14:50 EEST

 On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 17:58:22 +0200 (CEST), Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Rob!
> I suppose some small latency got in your way. I suppose the best
> way to do it might be to put a gate with the same settings (except
> for
> the threshhold) on two chains, so you should have the exact same
> latency. On one chain you put -ea:100 on the other -ea:-100. Maybe

 hello! thanks for the reply - i just found the way - yes there was some
 weirdness latency/sample offset that sox brought in
 keeping it 100% in ecasound did the trick
 still need to tweek the parameters but this works roughly:

 :~$ ecasound -a:1 -i a.wav -enm:1,10,100,10,1 -ea:100 -a:2 -i a.wav
 -ea:-100 -z:mixmode,sum

 cheers

 rob