[ecasound] Sidechaining a compressor with ecasound?

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 16 2011 - 19:12:39 EEST

Hello,

I'd like to sidechain a compressor using ecasound, but I'm not sure
which road to take.

One question that arises is that of whether ecasound supports ladspa
plugins with more than two inputs, like sc3. Would writing a third
channel of audio automatically route that channel to the third input?

another possibility I see is sticking a stereo compressor like sc4 in a
chain with loops at either end and do channel manipulation to send the
audio to be processed to the left channel and the controlling audio to
the right channel. Could that possibly work?

Cheers,
S.M.