Re: [ecasound] Jack session support in Ecasound

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 13 2011 - 23:12:19 EEST

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 04:07:49PM +0200, Philipp ??berbacher wrote:
> Excerpts from Joel Roth's message of 2011-07-13 08:49:02 +0200:
> > Will Ecasound have to implement this, or for Nama,
> > could I do this directly?

> I don't know details, but as far as I understand ecasound needs to
> implement it. jack_session works directly with jack callbacks, so as far
> as I know there's nothing you can do at the level of nama as long as
> ecasound doesn't support it.

Nama does need to know it's own project and state-file name,
although I could conceivably map the ecasound chain setup
file (created by cs-save-as) to a particular project/state-file.

Otherwise (and it would certainly be a stretch--would need
a C extension) I could imagine setting up a dummy JACK
client, then when it got some message, it could set up
Ecasound as required.

--
Joel Roth