Re: [ecasound] ecasound and PulseAudio problems

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Fri Jul 01 2011 - 01:37:08 EEST

Hello Lindsay!
   I don't know about me being smart, but here may be a partial answer to your
problem:
   Ecasound has a resample object:
ecasound -c -f:16,2,44100 -i resample,22050,file -o whatever
   the first param of resample is the samplerate of the file. I think you need
to specify the -f option to make it clear, what your preferred format is.
   About PulseAudio: Not being a GUI user at all, I don't really know, but
isn't there a way to make PulseAudio and JACK interact? Can PA be a client to
JACK or something like that? Otherwise, if you can use your soundcards devices
although pulseaudio is running you might write a jackplugin device, which
ecasound can use instead of alsa,default. I have one example if you like.
   I hope that helps a bit.
   Warmly yours
            Julien

--------