Re: [ecasound] Latency compensation

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 01 2011 - 23:07:46 EEST

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 11:19:36AM -0700, Luis Pablo Gasparotto wrote:

> You're right Joel. But this compensation is for Ecasound
> buffers only, not for hardware related latencies which are
> hard calculate for Ecasound. I'm talking about to
> compensate these hardware latencies.

Luis, now that I understand, I think Ecasound users would
want that.

I didn't get the part about -I and -O parameters for jackd.
'man jackd' doesn't describe this. Maybe I have the wrong
jackd?

Latency compensation is something I'd like for Nama, both
for effects and hardware.

I just roughed in hardware latency compensation as you
described. (Since Nama is ready to generate a 'select' object
for any track if a region is defined, it is easy enough to
use add a select if there is a hardware latency.)

Regards,

Joel

--
Joel Roth