Re: [ecasound] nama Can't call method "cget" on an undefined value at /usr/local/share/perl5/Audio/Nama/Graphical.pm line 1398

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 30 2011 - 12:40:23 EEST

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 10:03:13AM +0200, Per Sjoholm wrote:
> Hi
>
> Not sure if this is the rigth list to ask.

It is an excellent place to ask, having reached Nama's
author. :-)

We also have a Nama-only mailing list 'nama' hosted
by http://freelists.org .

> I get
> Can't call method "cget" on an undefined value at /usr/local/share/perl5/Audio/Nama/Graphical.pm line 1398.
>
> And i expect nama>
>
> Any suggestions ?

I just broke up several thousand lines of code into tens of
different files. There were a few problems with namespaces,
including something with the GUI.

I've already uploaded a fix to git repository,
and can suggest three ways forward:

1. Wait a couple days for me to upload a new version
   to CPAN.

2. Build the latest version from the git repository
   http://github.com/bolangi/nama

3. Start Nama with the -t flag and use the text interface
   This should give you an idea of how Nama does things.

   The command prompt is quite flexible in what it allows.
   It runs in the terminal window in GUI mode. You'll need it to
   access Nama's fancier features such as buses, fades, edits.
   It also has a well-developed help function (which the
   GUI lacks entirely.)

Cheers and welcome!

Joel

--