Re: [ecasound] how to ear what I say

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 03 2011 - 16:49:38 EEST

Hi,

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011, Dubphil wrote:

> I have stolen the konami usb microphone from the ps3 of my kids that is working like a charm on linux (under
> skype)
> now I want to ear what I say with Ecasound, I believed that using this would do the trick :
>
> ecasound -B:rtlowlatency -b:256 -f:s16_le,1,8000 -i:alsahw,1,0 -o:alsahw,0,0

The microphone does not seem to support mono recording. I suggest trying:

  ecasound -B:rtlowlatency -b:256 -f:s16_le,1,8000 -i:alsa,plughw:1,0 -o:alsa,plughw:0,0

I.e. record from ALSA device 'plughw:1,0' and play out to 'plughw:0,0'.
The alsa-lib builtin conversions will kick in if hardware does not support
something.