Re: [ecasound] -klg envelope doesn't properly handle repositioning

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2011 - 09:06:10 EEST

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 11:48:16PM +0300, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2011, Joel Roth wrote:
>
> > Looking at the docs, I see that I'll need -klg. Or at least
> > I would prefer having -klg than scheduling the fades myself.
>
> this is now fixed in git and will be in 2.8.0. As usual, thanks for
> reporting!

Great! I'm glad to hear it.

This may be as good a time to ask as any. If a WAV file
input is 30s duration, will I have a problem with a -klg fade
out starting from 10s and ending at 20s, or do I need the envelope
to cover the entire 30s of the source? In other words,
for seek to work correctly, must the -klg
envelope contain a flat segment from 0 to 10s and from 20s to 30s
in addition to the fade-out section from 10 to 20s?

Thanks.

Joel

--
Joel Roth