Re: [ecasound] ecasound 2.7.2 binary missing from bin directory [SOLVED]

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2011 - 00:16:58 EEST

Hi,

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010, linux media 4 wrote:
>> This is the listing of /usr/local/ecasound/bin
>>
>> ecaconvert_debug
>> ecafixdc_debug
>> ecalength_debug
[...]
>> ecasound_debug
>
> I omitted '--enable-debug' from the above configure command and ecasound
> built correctly.

this actually happens on purpose and has been this way since the dawn of
time. This is documented in INSTALL:

--cut--
`--enable-debug'
         Disables optimizations and other things preventing
         efficient debugging. Created executables and libraries
         have a "_debug" suffix. Disabled by default.
--cut--

... but I'm first to admit that chances are high that this will surprise
most people. First, nobody reads INSTALL files (as it's really generic in
most packages), and second, '--enable-debug' is a common configure switch,
but nobody else does the whacky "_debug" suffix as a side-effect.

But as getting rid of it is such as a hassle (mostly for me, probably the
only user depending on the "_debug" suffix ;)), I'm not planning to change
this any time soon... unless someone complains loudly enough. ;)