Re: [ecasound] cs-set-length has no effect when a live input is present

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 13 2010 - 23:39:56 EET

Hi,

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Joel Roth wrote:

> If this behavior is known and an accepted limitation, I
> think it should be documented.

let's see:

> ecasound -a 1 -i aco_67.wav -o alsa,default \
> -a 2 -i alsa,default -o test.wav \
> -c
[...]
> ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-set-length -1

I think you've just hit one special-case. Quoting ecasound-iam(1) man
page:
--cut--
dit(cs-set-length 'seconds')
Sets processing time in seconds (doesn't have to be an integer value).
A special-case value of '-1' will set the chainsetup length
according to the longest input object. em([-])
--cut--

I just tried and if you set e.g. "cs-set-length 10", this will work
correct even with chains that have infinite inputs/chains (never finish
to an end-of-stream condition).

Or did I miss something?