[ecasound] LV2 support

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 14:21:23 EEST

Hello all!
   I know I asked before. But would it be possible and would someone be willing
to add lv2 support to Ecasound. There seem to be more and more plugins, which
exist in LV2-only form. I know, that there are a few calf plugins. Especially
the 10-band-EQ looks very interesting.
   I know, the answer I got was: If there are more people interested in it and
if it seems to really add something. (Freely remembered)
   So, am I the only one, who sees a use in that?
   Isn't lv2 in general really LADSPA version 2? So could it be possible to
reuse a good eal of code to implement it? I think, lv2 allows for MIDI ports
to be used. As long as they are used for controlling parameters (not
start/stop...), this functionality also exists in Ecasound (-km). Or am I
totally wrong here?
   I'd really appreciate lv2 support or suggestions, how to otherwise use lv2
in connection with Ecasound and other CLI utils, which are somewhat
interactive. I could live with an external effects processor, no problem.
   Kindest regards
            Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net