Re: [ecasound] ecasound and lua?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 18 2010 - 22:40:34 EEST

Hi,

catching up with mail. One minor comments below:

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010, Joel Roth wrote:
>> And for shutdown?
>> - stop
>> - and then? It seems my file wasn't properly closed.
>
> I believe stop should be enough for Ecasound to close
> the file.

that would be 'cs-disconnect' (which is done implicitly if you quit
ecasound or cs-remove the whole setup).

The underlying idea is that any external resources (files,
devices) are reserved when connecting a chainsetup.

Merely stopping the transport (via 'stop') does thus not yet free
the file handles.

PS Under hood there is even more finegrained control. As JACK
    is plugged directly to the ecasound engine (to implement transport
    slave mode), "cs-disconnect" is not sufficient to completely
    disconnect from JACK. If for some reason you need this, then
    you need to explicitly call "engine-halt", which will terminate
    the ecasound engine thread. But in most cases this will not
    be needed.