[ecasound] lecka-0.0.1 proof of concept :)

From: Philipp <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 29 2010 - 02:34:16 EEST

Hey, this is not a release.
Just thought I let you know that it fulfills
the minimal requirements I had set. It works for me for this particular
job, I managed to do it in time and I'm quite proud of that fact.

However, the code is butt-ugly. I made loads of stupid design decisions,
there are already lots of dark corners with lurking bugs, some known,
some unknown, the user interface is working, if you know how to use it,
and many more problems are waiting, so there's still loads to do.

For whoever wants to peek at the source and modify it to make it work
the source is attached. It's explicitly not a release because I'm far
from happy with it.

Thanks Kai for Ecasound, without it I couldn't have had this sense of
accomplishment and I'm sure it will make a pretty powerful base once
I've learned to work with instead of against it.
Thanks Joel for guidance, encouragement and answering the countless
mails. I had a lot of fun during the last week or so :)

Future plans:
I guess I'll give it a license (some GPL probably, recommendations?),
put it into git and push it to github or someplace.
I'll look into writing a GTK+ 2 GUI and will rewrite lecka piece for
piece, over and over again :)
Suggestions welcome.

I know I said this already one or two times, but anyway, I had a lot of
fun writing my first actually useful program, thanks a lot for making it
possible and helping me out.

Best regards

--
Philipp