Re: [ecasound] 2.7.1 hang when calling 'ecasound [ -h | --help ]'

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 11 2010 - 12:19:01 EEST

Hi,
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Philipp wrote:

> It seems like ecasound doesn't quit properly after printing the help
> page, so no matter whether I call it without arguments, with -h or
> --help, it gets stuck and needs a SIGKILL.

it would be very interesting to see a strace (e.g. "strace -p
<pid-of-ecasound>" before you SIGKILL the process. This sounds really odd
and I suspect this is something external to ecasound (e.g. connection JACK
hanging, problem with a ALSA driver, or something similar)... at least I
cannot reproduce this on any machine (and cannot remember such a problem
with past versions of ecasound).