Re: [ecasound] creating real-time output mp3

From: zonyi besk <zolbeso@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 18 2010 - 09:52:44 EEST

Thanks so far,

>I don't know what 'pv' does. However what you're proposing
>looks possibly equivalent to this (not including effects).

It does as the soundcard would stream the audio with correct speed.

>However, say you want to mute the volume at a position of 10s.

May was understandable sorry, it's in real time only. The pv does the
realtime audio streaming instead of soundcard.
So the mp3 coming out from pv would be go in the input of ecasound.
The output would go to a fifo because this wat easy to handle even if
ecasound in daemon mode.

My questions just
I start ecasound in daemon mode
ecasound --daemon -a:1 -i fifo1.mp3 -a:2 -i fifo2.mp3 -a:1,2 -o outp.mp3 &

cat foo1.mp3 | pv -L 128000 > fifo1.mp3
cat foo2.mp3 | pv -L 128000 > fifo2.mp3

Above are the streamings .

I start it in via port 2868 with "t "

Can I change the volume per channels during the playtime via port 2868. ?
I couldnt solve yet that finished the mp3 playing what ai commands needed
to load new input mp3 and start it ?
It was always an error when i tried with command line.

Thanks,
Regards,
Zol