Re: [ecasound] Filter to minimize loud crowd noises

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Mon Apr 26 2010 - 10:09:05 EEST

Hi Lance!
   I'd suggest an equaliser or at least a bandreject filter. Fons Adriaenson's
4 band parametric EQ (LADSPA ID 1970) is very good in this respect. I think
you can lower each band upto -70DB. You can set the center frequency of the
band and the width.
   But I'd just use the filter in the places where you have the problems!
Either cut the file up and edit the bad spots and then cut it together again,
or use a BIG -klg (linear envelope generator). To be frank, it will most
certainly be more than one.
   I hate to say it, but I guess in this case, the easiest way would be a
GUI-based audio editor. Still Ecasound most certainly makes it possible!
   I hope, this helps.
   Kindest regards
            Julien

--------