Re: [ecasound] Question: is it a bug, a feature or necessary evil ?

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Mon Apr 12 2010 - 19:09:57 EEST

Hello Artur!
   Are you sure, that you get 1024 samples or just a file of some size? That
would be udnerstandable. If you launch the engine, I think the files get
touched or even filled with the basic wav-header.
   I don't know, if this is a "necessary evil", but I guess it increases speed,
when really starting up and making sure everything is in order. I think you
could connect this behaviour to start, but then you would have to do checks
everytime you start. This way you only have to do it once. That's my
guessing/reasoning.
   Kindest regards
             Julien

--------