Re: [ecasound] JACK connection error in php scripts

From: William Goldsmith <bill@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 19:50:36 EET

Followup: I tried calling jack_connect from within one of my php
scripts, and -- rather then the polite error message it should give
when it's called with missing parameters -- it returns just "name
jack_connect".

So, same script, same user that apache runs under, in a terminal
window gets:

usage: jack_connect <src_port> <dst_port>
The source port must be an output port of the source client.
The destination port must be an input port of the destination client.

But if I call it in a browser I get:

name jack_connect

I know this is a jack issue, rather than an ecasound issue -- but I
can't find anything about this in any of the jack forums and I'm
hoping that someone here has run across a similar issue before.

thanks
-bg

-----
Bill Goldsmith