[ecasound] jack transport rewind - follow up

From: Al Steffens <apsteffe@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 20 2010 - 15:41:56 EET

I investigated the following solution with success:

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> One possible catch (although I don't immediately see how this could
> affect your case), is that by default ecasound both sends and receives
> transport change events. So when ecasound reaches 'finished' state, it
> will stop the transport for all other JACK clients.
>
> If you want ecasound to be a plain slave, add '-G:jack,ecasound,recv'
> to the command-line. Rerunning the above test, once you "locate
> 20000000", ecasound will stop, but this time JACK transport will keep
> rolling.

Using the '-G:jack,ecasound,recv' option on ecasound I made ecasound
respond to jack rewind. Ecasound replays after my client sends the
jack_transport_reposition() command, without having to send a start
command also.

I probably don't fully understand the jack transport mechanism. My
client does not listen for jack_transport states, so I assume a jack
transport stop puts the jack server (or Ecasound?) into a state that
must be reset.

Al